Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Research


Due to a last minute change of plans and my being out of town, I haven't been able to film yet, but this gives me an opportunity to learn more about different film techniques that will hopefully make my video better.

I watched a Youtube video called “How To Make Your Location Seem Like Something It's Not - Indie Filmmaking Tutorial.”  This video focused on how one can manipulate sound and color to depicted different locations.  One of the examples shown was how different places give off different color schemes.  A city could have grays, blacks, and blues, but the African jungle in contrast will have greens and tans. Knowing what colors a certain location gives off is very important. If you can't get the colors in the area where you live, you can always play with colors in PremierPro and try to get the scheme as close to that of the location you're trying to portray.

In my film I have two scenes: one in the forest and the other in a dark room in a house.  I don't have a problem filming in a forest because the park near me, Markham Park, has a forest already perfect for the location I am trying to depict. For my house scene though, I need to make it look like a abandoned warehouse.  From what I know, the color scheme should be gray and black (dark colors), so I would also have to play with lighting in this scene. 




U. (Producer). (2015, June 1). How To Make Your Location Seem Like Something It's Not - Indie Filmmaking Tutorial [Video file]. Retrieved March 28, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ymVO7sxBg

No comments:

Post a Comment