Thursday, March 9, 2017

Hi—I’m Ethan! Welcome to my fantastic blog!

For this project, my partner and I will be creating a film opening and I will be documenting our progress through this blog. Personally, I hate reading long paragraphs, so I’ll to break everything up into short steps. 

Step 1: Obviously, we have to come up with an original piece, but we first need to determine what type of movie we would like to work with.  My partner and I know we wanted to create a fictional piece, but determining the specific type of piece will be very difficult for us to do . Ultimately, we came up with three possible fictional genres: realistic fiction, historical fiction, and science fiction.

Step 2: After we determine what type of movie we will make, we’ll then discuss a specific idea that goes along with the genre. Just like professionally-made movies, we want to be sure to pick an interesting concept. To ensure to success of our concept, we plan to pitch our idea to a small group of friends and family members, get their opinions and advice, and work off of that.

Step 3: After we pitch our idea, we’ll sit down to talk about characters. It’s important to figure out how many characters we’ll want and what their personalities will be. Further, we’ll discuss whether we want the characters to be male or female, black or white, old or young, etc.  All of these small details will be figured out before we start production so that everything goes as smooth as possible.

For my next blog, I hope to have determined the film’s genre and the outline for our storyboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment