Saturday, March 18, 2017

Change of plans

After Charlie and I talked, we agreed that a horror film would best portray the way we would like to set up our scene. I still envision our titles appearing in real life—just like those in the Napoleon Dynamite opening scene.  But, we do plan on making the titles relate more to the new horror genre. 

After doing some research on horror films, I have come to understand certain aspects of the genre that are critical for our film opening.  For example, lighting in horror films is essential to creating a perfect opening scene.  Also, I plan on working a lot with the background music, whether it be serious stings, synchronous sounds, or diegetic sounds. Along with all of that, I plan on working a lot with the setting to come up with proper placements for the titles. I want to make sure the titles work well with both the setting and the scene as a whole.

I will read some articles and watch some "how to" videos to further my knowledge and help me perfect the art of lighting and set design. This will ensure our film opening is as realistic and professional as it can be. 

In the next blog, I will discuss our story board. I'll explain how we came up with those ideas and how we plan on turning them into a reality. I want to display our story board through the blog so everyone can get an idea of what we plan on doing.
       

Reggio, R. E., PH.D. (2014, October 21). The Top Ten Things That Make Horror Movies Scary. Retrieved March 17, 2017, from https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201410/the-top-ten-things-make-horror-movies-scary

















No comments:

Post a Comment